Datta Kriya Yoga is a Yogic System
that originated from the culture and philosophies of ancient India, adaptable to
our present generation. This particular style of Kriya Yoga is a gift of the great
yogic master and international teacher, Parama Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji
“Although yoga is employed to achieve health, it does not stop
there. By conferring the power to control the mind, it certainly shows the way to
reach higher realms of Truth. There may be innumerable spiritual paths, but all
paths employ yoga in one form or the other to reach the ultimate goal.”
Functioning of Kriya Yoga
In Kriya Yoga, mental focus is placed on breath work. We concentrate on specific
techniques called pranayama to draw oxygen and prana into the body, and regulate
inhalation, exhalation and retention of breath. These techniques are taught in a
sequence as a daily practice for optimal results. Furthermore, selective use of
pranayama through- out the day can become a practical resource for calming your
mind, reducing stress and revitalizing your body.
In addition to pranayama, instruction includes various Mudras (hand
gestures), Asanas (seated postures) and Meditation.
These complementary components maximize the effects of the breathe work. A proper
and comfortable seated posture can range from advanced cross-legged asanas to sitting
in a chair. Everyone can participate regardless of their physical flexibility.
Benefits of Kriya Yoga
- Kriya Yoga essentially works at three levels - Physical, Mental as well as Spiritual.
Starting at a mental level, it gradually turns ON physical and spiritual well being
- Kriya Yoga leads to immense calmness of mind, improved memory, concentration, positive
outlook to life.
- It boosts efficiency in all our activities and enhances the self-esteem & confidence
- Kriya Yoga helps to reduce weight, tone the body and makes you physically alert.
- Kriya Yoga is also known to cure a host of lifestyle diseases caused due to stress
like diabetes and BP.
- Kriya Yoga is taking yoga to the next higher level of dealing directly with the
- As all actions have a seed in thoughts that originate in mind, Kriya Yoga arrests
the wrong thoughts and cultivates the right ones at the seed level itself
- By engaging in the simple discipline of directing your thoughts and regulating your
breathing patterns, you may begin to notice heightened awareness, new vitality,
and a sense of well-being. Mentally, physically and spiritually.
- Kriya Yoga enriches your daily experience through-
- Focused Mind
- Physical & Psychic Awareness
- Reduced Stress & Anxiety
- Balanced Perspective
- Conscious Living
- On the physical level, increased oxygen supports healthy organs that are less susceptible
to disease. The brain responds positively to increased oxygen as well, producing
an increase in clarity, concentration and memory.
- Kriya Yoga also explores the the subtle body and its subtle energy centers known
as chakras, situated along the Sushumna or main channel for this energy.
- As Praana expands, it transmits a dynamic subtle energy known as Shakti that penetrates
beyond the cellular level reaching down to the DNA.
- One may experience energetic shifts, but like the physical and cognitive shifts,
the changes in one's subtle body are gradual, healthy and transformative.